News From 2020

9th January 2020

Silkmen Supporters Trust Crowdfunder Update

An additional route has now been set up for donations – Crowdfunder. It is still more cost effective ( no charges) and easier to access funds quickly by using the bank transfer details ( as per below).

  • Reference - Silkmen Hardship Fund
  • Bank Account Transfer
  • Coop Bank
  • Sort Code 08-92-99
  • Account number 65202513

However, for those who would prefer to use Crowdfunder please do so using the following the link below.

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/silkmen-hardship-fund

At Present the fund stands at :-

          Current donations to the SST Hardship fund           £13,011.00

          New Crowdfunder Page donations                            £     556.00

          Total Fund                                                                      £13,567.00

7th January 2020

The SST is delighted to welcome three new members to the Board as a result of the recent Annual General Meeting.

The new Board members are:-

Mr. Rob Wilson who has taken up the position of Secretary

Mr Patrick Birch, Mr Bryan Brown,, Mr Michael Clark, Mrs Caroline Harrop, and

Mr Jon Mail have become Board Members..

We look forward to their contributions to the Silkmen Supporters Trust.

4th January 2020

Dear all

The Silkmen Supporters Trust (SST) board were deeply saddened by the recent news of the resignations of Daryl McMahon and Steve Gritt, and I am sure that I speak for the overwhelming majority of Silkmen fans in wishing both Daryl and Steve all the very best for the future wherever this may take them, and with an assurance that they will always a very warm welcome should they ever return to the Moss Rose.

Both Daryl and Steve (alongside Silkmen legend Danny Whitaker) have consistently demonstrated incredible professionalism and integrity throughout their time at the helm of our beloved club despite a wholly preventable yet appalling plethora of off the field circumstances, the most recent of which was the last minute cancellations by Mr. AlKadhi of travel and match preparations for the recent away fixtures against Forest Green Rovers and Port Vale.

It is also our understanding that despite recent media comments that all playing staff, player management and non-playing staff of Macclesfield Town Football Club had been paid in full and on time, that this was not the case. As a consequence, it appears apparent to we; the SST board, that Mr. AlKadhi no longer possesses the resources, financial acumen or integrity to support the club in the long term. We are of the belief that Mr. AlKadhi’s tenure at Macclesfield Town is now at an end, and selling the club as soon as practicable is the only viable option.

The SST board have been in regular contact with two very interested parties in recent weeks in fervent attempts to help broker a deal that will safeguard the future of our club. I am sure you can appreciate, they have not found Mr. AlKadhi particularly helpful, and concerns have been expressed that during January 2020, that Mr. AlKadhi will sell our most saleable assets in terms of players; keep for himself the solidarity payment from the English Premier League of around £225,000,and leave our beloved club high and dry and with little chance of any long term future.

The SST board have made contact with the English Premier League, English Football League (EFL) and the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) in an attempt to ensure that any incoming monies are available only for the benefit of Macclesfield Town Football Club, and are not channelled elsewhere. A copy of the email sent to Richard Masters; Chief Executive of the English Premier League is highlighted below: